Tuesday 28 February 2017

Japanese Aircraft Online Model Contest 003 - Danilo Renzulli

The subject is an OOB Nakajima Ki-27 "Nate" RS Model kit in 1/72. The interiors arranged with photo etched parts provided in the kit are difficult to see once the canopy is closed. Decals by Rising Decals - the only details I added were the pitot pipe made of metal wire and a small plastic rod and the navigation light (wings' tips and top of rear fuselage) made by drilling a small hole filled with a tiny drop of Cristal Clear and a drop of Future mixed with some water based acrylic color.
I tried to imitate the elusive green-grey finish typical of these aircraft using a mixture of Humbrol colors. That's all!
Danilo Renzulli - Rome, Italy
 




6 comments:

Honza78 said...

Beautiful aircraft. Nice work.
I give 4.8. :)

D. Chouinard said...

I agree with Jan, very nice! From what I can tell, the color looks great! 4.8

Fluffy said...

Nice. I give a 4.0

-Fluffy

Anonymous said...

Good work. I like the subtle weathering effects, all the more impressive because it is 1/72 scale. I vote 4.2.

Wind Swords

Arawasi said...

4.5 from me

Jacob said...

Pleasure to look at,great work!
My vote 4.4